At the end of each year, I like to create some simple goals for the following year. In 2017, my #1 goal is to live with less stress. This isn’t easy as a working, single parent, and a homeowner. Still, it’s possible to find ways to reduce stress, no matter what your circumstances.
Create Less Stress By Cutting Out Little Things
We can reduce our daily stress by doing less busy work. We can also reduce our daily stress by doing more of what’s good for us. Today’s post will cover both sides of that coin. I’ll be doing a little less at Hip Diggs, and I’ll be doing a little more for myself.
I decided not to start the Live Simple course in 2017 because I have too much on my plate right now. That doesn’t mean I’ll never start an online course. It does mean that I want to work toward that goal slowly. I do have five specific goals for Hip Diggs for the coming year.
5 Goals For Hip Diggs In 2017
- Less posts/less links: In 2016, I averaged about 11 posts per month. That was up from my 6 per month in 2015. In 2017, I plan to find a happy medium, probably about 8 posts per month. I’m also going to offer less links in each post, more simple content without a million extras. Less posts, less stress.
- Increase traffic by 10%: In 2016, I set a goal to increase traffic to Hip Diggs by 50%. I was aiming high. I did increase traffic by about 20%. In 2017, I want to give myself room to grow without feeling stressed to reach that goal.
- Work on a new book: As a way to slowly build an online program, I’d like to write a book that will follow the program. That way when people sign up, they will get the book at the very start.
- Consider a Hip Diggs store: I know what you’re thinking: A site that promotes minimalism shouldn’t sell stuff. I understand that argument, but respectfully disagree. I’ll be looking into creating a store on my subdomain. The goal would be to only sell products that promote simple living or that are built to last.
- Get the newsletter out: I’ve never been as consistent with the Hip Diggs’ newsletter as I’d like to be. In 2017, I plan to increase both the quality and the consistency of the newsletter.
Create Less Stress By Doing More Good Stuff
Here’s the other side of the coin. I’ll be cutting back a little at Hip Diggs and danerickson.net, so that I can make more time for the following:
- Exercise: I’ve been exercising regularly for years, but in 2017, I’ll be adding a more challenging running routine. I’ll be putting exercise first by running in the early morning hours.
- Eat right: I know when my diet is off. I can literally feel the stress and tension building in my mind and body when I don’t take care of myself. Exercise and eating right leads to less stress.
- Mediatate: I’ve tried meditation before. It’s a struggle for me. But in 2017, I’m going to make a point to take a few minutes each day to simply do nothing. Perhaps I’ll even sign up for some yoga classes.
- Read more: Since taking up blogging a few years ago, my reading habits have taken a hit. In 2017, I’d like to read at least one book per month.
- Seek adventure: Since becoming a homeowner in 2013, I’ve found myself tied to my home. This year, I was able to complete many home improvement projects. Next year, I hope to spend more time seeking fun and adventurous times.
What About You? Have You Set Goals For 2017?
I encourage you to create your own lists of goals for the coming year. You may not reach them all, but that’s okay. As long as you’re striving, you’re improving. However, you are much more likely to complete the goals that you write down: Lasting Change Is Within Your Grasp.
Check back in 2017 for more exciting news from Hip Diggs. I may be simplifying, but I’m making some changes here that I think you’ll like.