Hip Diggs is a blog about simple living and minimalism. You’d expect posts about getting rid of clutter, buying less stuff, and and living in smaller homes. Why then, write about writing?
The Short Answer: I’m A Writer
Writers should study their own craft. It’s how we discover our strengths and weaknesses. It’s how we become better writers. When we write about our writing, we reflect on our successes and failures. We learn and grow as writers.
But there’s more. Writing is an art. Minimalism has its roots in art. As a minimalist, I write in a short, concise style. That’s something that I want to share with others.
Why? Because writing concisely is beneficial to anyone who wants to learn how to communicate effectively. The ability to communicate directly in a brief manner is something many employers seek.
When I write about writing, I remind myself to practice good writing, and I help others learn essential writing skills. That’s a win-win scenario.
Some Further Explanation
Before Hip Diggs, I’ve operated several other blogs. In 2014/2015, I experimented with two blogs in particular. Now defunct blogs, Simple Writer and Simple Blogger, had dozens of great posts on writing. It seemed shameful to throw out all the content when I killed the blogs. So I started moving some of those posts over to Hip Diggs last year.
But I’ve discovered something. My writing posts at Hip Diggs don’t get much traffic. They are among my least popular posts. This has led me to the decision to write less about writing at Hip Diggs. You can still expect an occasional post about writing, but it will no longer be on a monthly basis.
Writing About Writing: In Case You Missed Them…
- Brand New Blogger? Get Started Here:
- Slow Blogging And Simple Living
- Lasting Change Is Within Your Grasp
- Minimalist Blogging: 8 Simple Tools
- Discover The Value Of White Space
- Boom! How To Write Dynamite Blog Posts
- 6 Simple Writing Drills: Writing That Gets You What You Want
- Kick Fear In The Butt And Write Like You Really Mean It
- Presto: 3 Simple Tricks To Make Time To Blog
- Why You Should Keep A Journal For The Journey
- 9 Simple Rules For Writing Great Blog Posts
- 5 Ways Writers Can Embrace Imperfection
- 5 Reasons To Start A Self-Hosted Blog
- What They Don’t Tell You: Blogging Isn’t Easy
- 5 Reasons Every Writer Should Start A Blog
Hip Diggs Offers Blog Coaching
If you’re ready to start your own blog, I’d like to help. Hip Diggs isn’t affiliated with any specific hosting company. I don’t get a commission to get you to sign up with my host. I’d simply like to help you choose the best hosting company for you. I can help with choosing a domain name, finding the right theme, and creating a simple and beautiful look to your blog. I can also help with developing your about page and brainstorming blog posts.
If you’d like my coaching services, I’m currently opening a few spots. But this is only for a limited time. Learn more about my simple coaching packages. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. To see more posts at Hip Diggs, just click the link below: