On New Year’s Day, I opened up the discussion at Hip Diggs. I believe that discussion is an important prerequisite to change. Change is what Hip Diggs is about. I started this blog as a personal simple-living blog. Now I’d like to invite you to join me.
I started my intentional simple-living journey about ten years ago. I started documenting it in October, 2014. My first post, Take The 10 Step Challenge To Simple Living, was a challenge to myself to live more simply. I invited you to join me then, but I spent the next 15 months developing my own thoughts about simple living before opening the discussion.
5 Reasons To Join The Discussion
- Discussion creates community: If we really want to promote a large-scale change toward simple living, we need to build a greater community. When we discuss our experiences, we become more committed to helping one another on this journey. That’s the kind of community I’d like to see at Hip Diggs.
- Discussion fosters change: When we support each other through conversation, we motivate one another to change. Discussion creates accountability. I’d like to see people being supportive of each other in our simple-living journeys. Will you become an inspiration to others by joining the discussion?
- I’m not the authority: I’ve noticed that some minimalist bloggers consider themselves absolute authorities. Their rhetoric begins to sound cocky and condescending. I’m not an authority on simple living. I’m simply on a journey. You may have more knowledge than I do. I’d love to get your input.
- Your stories are important: The stories we tell each other are important. We can learn from the experiences of others. I want to learn about your experiences. I’d like to see you sharing your stories with one another. Will you join in the conversation?
- Discussion motivates new content: I’m a writer. I’m always looking for new ideas for engaging content. Thoughtful conversation about simple living will certainly spur new ideas for the blog. I want to know what you’re thinking about and what you’d like to see on Hip Diggs.