When was the last time you gave something away? When was the last time you intentionally helped those with less than you? You can turn this Thanksgiving into a Thanks Give Away. What’s a thanks give away? It’s simply giving of your own time, energy, or money to help others.
Have You Ever Struggled To Make Ends Meet?
When I was a kid, our family was poor. One year we had so little that we weren’t going to be able to have a Thanksgiving dinner. The day before Thanksgiving, we received a phone call. We had been chosen as a needy family to receive all the ingredients needed for a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. We were the recipients of a thanks give away.
I’ve never forgotten that childhood memory. Now I’m on the other end of the spectrum. I’m not rich by any means, but I have enough to share with others. I can be the one to offer a thanks give away. Maybe you can, too.
5 Ways To Help Others This Thanksgiving
- Donate food items: Perhaps you have some extra canned food in your cupboards. Maybe you could buy the ingredients for a Thanksgiving meal for a needy family. One way to help others during the holidays is to offer food to a local food bank or charity. Visit Feeding America to find a food bank near you.
- Donate clothing: How often do you go through your closet to let go of old clothes? Clothing is always needed and makes a great thanks give away gift. If you have coats, boots, and other cold weather items that you don’t use, box it up and get it to a local charity. Visit Money Crashers to find places to donate clothing.
- Donate money: The church that I attend is involved with several local charities. Chances are good that you can simply offer a special donation to your church, or donate directly to a local charity. This is a good option for those who don’t have the time to help others. Visit Feeding America to learn more.
- Dontae time: There are homeless shelters in most cities. They’re always looking for volunteers. You could offer an afternoon to help serve those who are less fortunate than you. This is a perfect thanks give away opportunity. Visit Volunteer Match to find your best charity match.
- Donate love: You donate love when you combine your time, energy, and money. You donate love when you choose to work with a specific group of people on a regular basis. If you know a family that is struggling, get involved. Reach out through regular calls and visits. Discover what they need and help them on a more intimate level.
What’s In A Thanks Give Away For You?
You’ve heard Jesus’ words “Do unto others as you would have done unto you?” Consider if the tables were turned? What if you were the one in the midst of hard times? Wouldn’t you appreciate help from others?
You don’t have to be a Christian to understand the importance of charity. In fact, if more people volunteered to help others, we might be able to eliminate poverty. You’ll feel blessed when you help others. The reward is knowing that you’ve done something that eliminates another’s struggles. You can put a smile on someone’s face. Be part of a thanks give away this Thanksgiving season.
If you want to learn more about simple living, I have a thanks give away gift for you. It’s an instant ebook to help you on your simple-living journey. Just click the link below to learn more: